The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the armed forces of India. The President of India serves as the Commander-in-Chief of the Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff (CNS), usually a four-star officer in the rank of Admiral, commands the Navy. As of 2006 the navy has 55,000 personnel on active duty, including 5,000 members of the naval aviation branch, 1,200 marine commandos and 1,000 Sagar Prahari Bal soldiers, making it the world's fourth largest navy. The Indian Navy currently has around 170 major vessels in commission, including the aircraft carrier INS Viraat, along with operational jet fighters.Though the primary objective of the navy is to secure national maritime borders, India also uses its navy to enhance its international relations through joint exercises, port visits and humanitarian missions, including disaster relief. In recent years, the Indian Navy has undergone extensive modernisation and expansion as part of its aim to transition to a blue water navy.
- A graduate degree in any discipline with minimum 60% marks
- Candidate should have qualified Mathematics & Physics at 10+2 level.
- Height and Weight: Minimum height for men 162.5 cms/women 152 cms. with correlated weight, leg length, sitting height and thigh length.
- Eye Sight: The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 & Should not be color/ night blind.
- Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their performance in educational qualification.It will be considered for Cut-Off.
- SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled from Aug to Nov 2012 at Bangalore.
For More details: Click here
New Delhi - 110 023
SHARE THIS JOB: